BLT Eggs Benedict
Try a twist on a classic with this BLT eggs benedict recipe--after all, what is breakfast without a little bacon? We’ve made this recipe a breeze by poaching the eggs in a muffin tin and making the hollandaise sauce in a blender. Your friends will be in awe of your culinary skills.
for 6 servings
- 3 english muffins
- 6 strips bacon
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 6 large eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- mixed green, to taste
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut into 6 slices
Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Calories 562
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 29g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the English muffins in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Arrange the bacon strips on a separate baking sheet.
- Bake the bacon until browned and crispy, 12–15 minutes. Add the English muffins to the oven for the last 5 minutes of cooking, or until toasted. Remove from the oven.
- Grease 6 cups of a muffin tin with nonstick spray. One at a time, crack the eggs into each greased cup. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently spoon 1 tablespoon of water over each egg.
- Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny, 7–9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 1–2 minutes, then scoop out the eggs with a slotted spoon and gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange the English muffins on a serving platter and brush with the melted butter. Top each muffin half with mixed greens and a slice of tomato. Break each bacon strip in half and lay over the tomatoes, then top with a poached egg.
- Make the hollandaise: Add the eggs yolks and lemon juice to a blender. Blend until pale yellow in color, about 1 minute.
- Once the yolks have lightened in color, turn the blender to the lowest speed and slowly drizzle in the melted butter. 10. Add the salt and continue blending until the butter is well incorporated.
- Drizzle the hollandaise over the benedicts. Garnish with black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.