Blue Corn Cornbread Muffins
An elevated take on a traditional side dish, these cornbread muffins are made with blue cornmeal and yellow corn kernels for an added touch of sweetness, texture, and color. If that’s not enough, we serve these muffins with delicious herbed honey butter.
for 12 servings
Herbed Honey Butter
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cups blue cornmeal (300 g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk (360 mL)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup honey (165 g)
- 1 cup frozen corn (175 g)
- Calories 107
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the herbed honey butter: In a medium bowl, combine the butter, honey, parsley, thyme, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, mix all the ingredients until smooth and incorporated, about 3 minutes. Scoop the butter onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log, then wrap tightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Make the cornbread muffins: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and honey until smooth.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the buttermilk mixture until fully combined, then add the frozen corn and mix to incorporate. The batter will be lumpy.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ of the way.
- Bake the muffins for 18–20 minutes, or until the tops are just slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serve the muffins warm with the herbed honey butter.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.