94% would make again
Blueberry Chocolate Energy Bars
Filled with juicy blueberries, rich chocolate, and crunchy almonds, these bars are a healthy and satisfying treat to keep you going throughout the day.
May 05, 2023
for 16 bars
- 1 cup raw almond (140 g)
- 1 cup raw walnut (100 g)
- 2 ½ cups pitted date (425 g), roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 1 ½ cups brown rice cereal (45 g)
- 1 ½ cups old fashion oat (150 g)
- ½ cup dried blueberry (50 g)
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups dark chocolate (510 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Calories 402
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 49g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the almonds on one half of the baking sheet and the walnuts on the other half.
- Toast for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool 20 minutes before roughly chopping.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the dates, salt, and water, and process until well-combined.
- Transfer the date mixture to a large bowl and add the brown rice cereal, oats, blueberries, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until well-combined. Add the chopped nuts and fold to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread flat with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30-45 minutes to set.
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil, and microwave for 1½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth
- Pour ⅔ of the melted chocolate over the bars and spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
- Invert the bars onto a cutting board and remove the parchment paper. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes, until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into 16 bars. Wrap individually in parchment paper and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.