94% would make again
Blueberry Tapioca Pie
featured in Thanksgiving Pies Around The US
for 8 servings
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca granules
- 4 cups fresh blueberry (400 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon milk
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Calories 306
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- In a medium bowl, combine 6 tablespoons of sugar, the flour, and tapioca granules.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the blueberries in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Line an 8-inch (20-cm) metal pie tin with 1 of the pie crusts.
- Spoon the blueberry mixture into the crust. Place the other crust on top. Press the edges of the crusts together with a fork and trim any excess dough around the sides with scissors.
- Brush the milk over the top crust and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Cut a few slits in the top to release steam as the pie bakes.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C) and bake for 30-35 minutes more, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack for at least 2 hours to let the filling set.
- Slice and serve with ice cream.