94% would make again
Bread Bowl Quiche
featured in 7 Ways To Prepare Quiche
Inspired by ovenandapron.com
for 8 servings
- 1 large loaf sourdough bread
- 10 slices cheddar cheese
- 18 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ½ lb bacon (225 g), cooked, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend (100 g)
- 1 cup broccoli (150 g), chopped, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh scallion, sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (200 g), halved
- mixed greens salad, for serving
- Calories 654
- Fat 56g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a sheet of parchment paper over the foil.
- With a serrated knife, cut off the top half-inch (1 cm) of the sourdough loaf. Cut around the edge of the bread, then use your fingers to remove the center and set aside for later.
- Line the inside of the bread bowl with the sliced cheddar cheese.
- Place the bread bowl on the baking sheet and wrap the outside with the parchment and foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salt, pepper, bacon, shredded cheese blend, broccoli, scallions, and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth, then add the cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bread bowl, leaving a half-inch (1 cm) of space at the top. Cover the bread bowl with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until the center of the quiche has set
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Serve with a mixed green salad.