Breakfast Sausage Egg Cups
These individual portions of goodness are packed with protein and flavor, making them a satisfying way to fuel your morning. With a savory combination of eggs, breakfast sausage, cheese, and a touch of herbs, these cups are a convenient and delicious option for busy mornings or brunch with friends.
for 12 servings
- 1 lb ground pork (455 g)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Fennel Seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 12 medium eggs
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- Calories 211
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, sage, thyme, maple syrup, salt, pepper, fennel, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- Divide the sausage mixture evenly between the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin. Using your fingers, press the mixture against the bottom and up the sides of the cups in an even layer that is flush with the tops of the cups.
- Crack 1 egg into each sausage well, then top with tomato slice and season with flaky salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the sausage is golden brown and cooked through and the egg is set. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve immediately or cool completely and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, microwave the cups for x minutes, until warmed through.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.