89% would make again
Breyers® Cookie Crust Ice Cream Cheesecake
for 8 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter (230 g), divided
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 g)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar (100 g)
- ½ cup Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream (80 g), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (215 g)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (80 g)
Ice Cream Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ qt Breyers® Natural Strawberry Ice Cream (1 kg), melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (150 g), chopped
- 12 large strawberries, stemmed, thinly sliced
- 3 small scoops Breyers® Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Ice Cream
- Calories 1269
- Fat 79g
- Carbs 124g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 97g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the cookie crust: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large heatproof bowl, microwave ½ cup butter until melted.
- Add the granulated and brown sugar, and mix with an electric hand mixer on low speed until well combined and creamy. Add the melted Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream and mix until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour, then the cocoa powder, beating until incorporated.
- Using a 2-tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. You should have 12 cookies per sheet, for a total of 24 cookies. Cover the baking sheets with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Take the baking sheets out of the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Using your palm, gently flatten the cookies slightly to about ¾ inch thick and no longer rounded on top.
- Bake the cookies for 9–10 minutes, until set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Working in batches, add 18 of the cookies to a food processor and pulse into crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a medium bowl. Reserve the remaining cookies for later or use to garnish the finished cheesecake.
- Melt the remaining ½ cup butter, then pour into the bowl with the crumbs. Mix until well incorporated and the crumbs are moistened.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Pour the cookie crumb mixture into the pan and press evenly against the bottom with your fingers. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Add the sugar and cream cheese to a large bowl. Whip with an electric hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the melted Breyers® Natural Strawberry Ice Cream and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the frozen cookie crust, then return to the freezer for at least 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Remove the frozen cheesecake from the freezer and release the springform.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries in a circular pattern on top of the cheesecake. If the cake is starting to melt, return to the freezer for 30 minutes before continuing to the next step.
- Scoop the Breyers® Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Ice Cream onto the center.
- Slice, drizzle with melted chocolate, and serve immediately.