89% would make again
featured in The Best Valentine's Day Desserts
for 12 brigadeiros
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the plate
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (1 g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (40 g)
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles (170 g), for decorating
- Calories 184
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the sweetened condensed milk. Add the cocoa powder and stir continuously for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture begins to pull away from the edge of the pot; it should be very thick. It's done when you run a spoon through the center and it takes a few seconds to melt back into the center again. spread the mixture onto a buttered plate and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When set, butter your hands to prevent sticking, and pinch off a portion of the mixture. Roll it between our hands, until you have a ball about the size of a chocolate truffle. Repeat with the remainder of the mixture; you should have about 12 balls. Coat the brigadeiros in the chocolate sprinkles.