89% would make again
featured in The Best Valentine's Day Desserts
Brigadeiros are the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover. These Brazilian truffles are made with condensed milk, cocoa powder, and butter, then rolled in sprinkles. They're rich, creamy, and easy to make, making them the perfect treat for any occasion.
May 05, 2023
for 12 brigadeiros
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the plate
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (1 g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (40 g)
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles (170 g), for decorating
- Calories 184
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the sweetened condensed milk. Add the cocoa powder and stir continuously for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture begins to pull away from the edge of the pot; it should be very thick. It's done when you run a spoon through the center and it takes a few seconds to melt back into the center again. spread the mixture onto a buttered plate and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When set, butter your hands to prevent sticking, and pinch off a portion of the mixture. Roll it between our hands, until you have a ball about the size of a chocolate truffle. Repeat with the remainder of the mixture; you should have about 12 balls. Coat the brigadeiros in the chocolate sprinkles.