Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pasta Bake
Indulge in this mouthwatering Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pasta Bake that's perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner. With its creamy, cheesy goodness and tender chicken, this dish will have everyone coming back for seconds!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- 32 oz half & half (960 mL)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (55 g)
- 1 ¾ cups shredded cheddar cheese (175 g), divided
- 2 cups Kroger® Brand Frozen Broccoli Florets (150 g), frozen, thawed, divided
- 1 ¾ cups Kroger® Brand Grilled Chicken Breast Dices (350 g), divided
- 1 box Kroger® Brand 100% Whole Grain Salad Rotini Pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Kroger® Brand Italian Herb Focaccia, baked according to package instructions, for serving
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour until fully incorporated, then toast for about 30 seconds, or until slightly darkened in color.
- Add the half-and-half and whisk until the flour mixture has completely dissolved. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 3–4 minutes, or until the liquid has thickened lightly.
- Stir in the kosher salt, onion powder, black pepper, nutmeg, and celery salt. Add the shredded mozzarella and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar, and whisk until completely melted and smooth, 2–3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and fold in 1½ cups Kroger® Brand Frozen Broccoli Florets, 1¼ cups Kroger® Brand Grilled Chicken Breast Dices, and the cooked Kroger® Brand 100% Whole Grain Salad Rotini Pasta.
- Transfer the pasta to an 8”x13” baking dish and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup Kroger® Brand Frozen Broccoli Florets, remaining ½ cup Kroger® Brand Grilled Chicken Breast Dices, and remaining ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Place the dish under the broiler for 3–6 minutes, or until the cheese on top has melted and is lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve immediately with Kroger® Brand Italian Herb Focaccia.