93% would make again
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Rollups
featured in Cheesy Recipes
Inspired by skinnytaste.com
for 6 servings
- 3 ½ cups broccoli (525 g), finely chopped, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), 1 package, softened
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 14 oz cheddar cracker (390 g), 1 package
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 2 eggs
- Calories 880
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 48g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, microwave 1½ cups (225 g) of broccoli for 1 minute. Add the cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and cream cheese. Mix thoroughly, and set aside until ready to use.
- On a cutting board, butterfly the chicken breasts with a knife. Cut through the chicken breast so you have 6 thinner chicken cutlets. Cover in plastic wrap, and tenderize by beating with a rolling pin or a heavy pan.
- Remove the plastic wrap, and season with salt and pepper. Place a scoop of the broccoli cheddar mixture on top of a chicken cutlet, and spread until the chicken is covered.
- Roll the chicken up starting from the tapered end. Use 2 toothpicks to keep the chicken tightly rolled. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (165˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a plastic bag, crush the cheddar crackers until they have a coarse, sand-like texture. Pour the cracker crumbs into a large bowl. Add the rest of the minced broccoli. Stir to combine.
- Put the flour into a medium bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in another medium bowl.
- Using tongs, place one of the pieces of chicken into the flour. Turn the chicken in the flour until it is fully coated, tap off any excess flour. Place the chicken in the egg, turn until the chicken is coated. Place the chicken in the broccoli cracker crumb mixture, turn until the chicken is fully coated. Repeat with the remaining chicken rolls.
- Transfer the pieces of chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool slightly, then remove the toothpicks.