Brussels Sprout Quinoa Salad
This hearty Brussel Sprout Quinoa Salad makes a great side dish at a dinner party or an easy-to-pack lunch. It's quick to whip up and is packed full of flavor.
for 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup neutral oil (80 mL), such as canola or avocado oil
- 5 cups brussels sprouts (500 g), thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, plus more to taste
- 2 cups quinoa (360 g), cooked, warm
- ½ cup craisins (50 g)
- ½ cup toasted pecans (60 g), roughly chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g), shaved, plus more for serving
- Calories 643
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 81g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, tahini, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Starting with a few drops and steadily increasing the stream, slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking continuously, until the dressing is thickened and emulsified.
- Make the salad: Add the shaved Brussels sprouts to a large bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of the dressing to the Brussels and toss well to coat.
- Add the warm quinoa, craisins, toasted pecans, shaved Parmesan, and 2 additional tablespoons of dressing to the brussels and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Top the salad with more shaved Parmesan and serve with the remaining dressing alongside.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.