90% would make again
Buffalo Chicken Hand Pies
This appetizer takes everything you love about wings and rolls it into delicious, easy-to-eat hand pies. Roll out store-bought pie dough, stuff with spicy buffalo chicken, and bake until perfectly melty and cheesy. If you want to score even more points with your guests on game day, serve these zesty bites with a side of cool ranch dressing.
December 21, 2019
for 10 hand pies
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken (250 g), shredded
- 1 cup cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 1 cup Frank’s® buffalo sauce (230 g)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ¼ cup red onion (35 g)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 square sheets pie dough
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup ranch dressing (235 g), for serving
- Calories 497
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, mozzarella, red onion, black pepper, and celery salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Unroll the pie dough and cut out 4 circles from each sheet using a 3½-inch (8.75 cm) round cutter. Re-roll and cut out as many circles as you can, about 10 total. Discard the dough scraps. Place the dough circles on the prepared baking sheets.
- Fill each dough circle with 1 heaping tablespoon of the buffalo chicken filling. Fold in half to form a half-moon shape. Using a fork, press all along the outer edges to seal the dough together. Brush all over with the beaten egg yolks.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, turning halfway, until the pies are slightly puffed and golden,. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve the hand pies warm with ranch dressing alongside.