Buffalo Chicken Star Bread
This buffalo chicken star bread is a game-day showstopper! Each layer is loaded with spicy chicken, tangy blue cheese, and ooey-gooey mozzarella. Perfect for sharing with your crew during the big game. Ingredients: pizza dough, cooked chicken breast, buffalo sauce, blue cheese, mozzarella cheese, green onions.
for 8 servings
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water (180 mL)
- ¼ cup sugar (25 g), divided, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g), plus more for dusting
- 3 cups bread flour (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil (120 mL)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken (375 g), shredded
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce (120 mL), plus more for serving
- 2 oz cream cheese (60 g), room temperature
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 ½ cups white cheddar cheese (150 g), shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Calories 666
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast, warm water, and ½ teaspoon sugar. Let sit until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup sugar, the all-purpose flour, bread flour, salt, eggs, canola oil, and honey. Fit the mixer with the dough hook and mix on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium and continue mixing, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until a smooth ball forms, 5–7 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with nonstick spray. Add the dough, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature until the dough is almost doubled in size, 1½–2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce, cream cheese, and minced scallions. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a large pizza sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the egg wash: In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water until combined.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Roll 1 portion into a 12-inch round and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spread half of the chicken filling evenly over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese evenly over the filling.
- Roll out another dough portion and place on top of the cheese. Layer the remaining filling and cheese over the dough. Roll out the last dough portion and place it on top. Press the edges together to seal.
- Use a cup to gently mark a 3-inch circle in the center of the dough. Using a sharp knife, make 16 equal cuts from the edges of the center circle to the edges of the dough. Take 2 adjacent portions of dough and twist toward each other 2 or 3 times. Pinch the ends of the dough together. Repeat with remaining sections of dough until there are 6 points to the star. Brush the egg wash evenly over the bread.
- Bake until golden brown, 25–30 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle more Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce over the star and serve with more sauce for dipping.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.