Butchered Hand Brie
featured in Recipes For Your Halloween Party
Nothing is spookier than a butchered hand brie filled with raspberry jam for halloween. High 5!
October 15, 2019
69% would make again
for 4 servings
- 4 rainbow carrots, peeled
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 wheel brie cheese
- ¾ cup raspberry jam (245 g)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 slices almond, sliced
- cracker, for serving
- Calories 890
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 92g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the carrots to the lengths of fingers; roughly 2 inches (5 cm) for the thumb, 3 inches (8 cm) for the pointer and ring fingers, 3½ inches (8 cm) for the middle finger and 2½ inches (5 cm) for the pinky. Use a vegetable peeler to round the tops slightly. (Use the same carrot for the thumb and pinky fingers).
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on the prepared baking sheet and arrange the Brie wheel and carrots in the center to form a right hand. Top the Brie with the raspberry jam.
- Brush the outline of the hand with the beaten egg and place the other sheet of puff pastry on top, pressing the pastry sheets together around the “hand” to seal. Using a paring knife, cut out the outline of the hand and remove the excess dough. Brush all over with egg wash. Use the knife to create small incisions to reflect knuckles and fingernails. Chill the puff pastry hand in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Transfer the hand to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the hand to a platter. Using a small spoon, add a small dab of honey to top of each finger. Press the almonds onto each finger as fingernails. Use a paring knife to cut into the hand in a few places so the jam starts to seep out.
- Serve immediately with crackers alongside.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.