Butter Chicken Mac ‘n’ Cheese
featured in 12 Comfort Foods To Suit Every Mood
This fusion dish brings together two comfort food favorites - creamy mac 'n' cheese and spicy butter chicken - for a bold and delicious meal that will have your taste buds singing.
May 14, 2023
91% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ¼ cups chicken (300 g), chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk (300 mL)
- ¼ cup butter chicken sauce (50 g)
- 2 ¼ cups mozzarella cheese (250 g)
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese (250 g)
- 1 cup elbow pasta (200 g), cooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (100 g), grafted
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Calories 556
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until melted.
- Add the chicken, salt, and pepper. Fry for about 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Take out and set aside.
- Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in the butter chicken sauce.
- Whisk in the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Once the cheese has melted into the mixture, stir in the chicken and elbow pasta.
- Sprinkle on some more cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is brown and bubbling on top.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.