Butternut Squash Alfredo With Crispy Pancetta And Sage
featured in 3-Course Italian Dinner 20 Minute Challenge
This quick and easy creamy butternut squash Alfredo will become your new favorite pasta.
August 14, 2023
85% would make again
for 2 servings
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
- 4 oz pancetta (110 g), diced
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup dry white wine (60 mL)
- 10 oz frozen butternut squash (300 g)
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 mL)
- 8 oz dried pappardelle noodles (225 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g), plus more for serving
- Calories 1218
- Fat 66g
- Carbs 119g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 3–4 minutes, until starting to crisp. Add the sage leaves and continue cooking until the pancetta and sage are crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, then add the shallot and garlic to the skillet, along with more oil if needed and a pinch of salt. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Add the butternut squash and chicken stock. Cover and bring to boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the squash mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the cream and blend to incorporate.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan and return to medium heat. Season with salt, then gradually add the Parmesan, stirring between each addition to prevent clumping.
- Reserve some of the pasta cooking water, then transfer the pasta directly from the boiling water into the sauce. Toss until well coated, adding some of the reserved pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce. Add about half of the crisped pancetta and sage and stir to incorporate.
- Transfer the pasta to serving bowls and garnish with the remaining sage and pancetta.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.