Butternut Squash Cappuccino
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 2 large butternut squashes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spanish onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth (240 mL), (vegetable broth for vegetarians)
- 1 cup brewed coffee (240 mL)
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL), divided
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Calories 1079
- Fat 72g
- Carbs 123g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 55g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Toss butternut squash, carrots, onions, garlic with olive oil and brown sugar and roast in the oven at 375 degrees for ½ hour or until cooked and soft.
- Transfer to a blender and add chicken broth, 1 C. cream, cinnamon and coffee.
- Blend until smooth. Add more chicken broth if too thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk remaining heavy cream in a bowl with granulated sugar until thick like whipped cream.
- Serve in a coffee cup and garnish with a scoop of whipped cream and serve, sprinkled with cinnamon.