Caesar Salad Potato Skins
Brushed with tangy dressing and filled with cheesy bread crumbs and crunchy dressed romaine, these Caesar salad potato skins have it all! Serve at your next party for a refreshing, satisfying bite.
for 8 servings
- 8 small russet potatoes, preferably the same size and shape
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons anchovy paste
- 2 oz grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, plus 2 teaspoons
- 16 leaves romaine lettuce, ribs removed, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 2 lemons, sliced into 8 wedges each, for serving
- Calories 372
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender and golden brown, 40–50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a cutting board and cut in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out the potato flesh and save for another use or discard, leaving a ⅛-inch-thick shell of potato and skin on all sides. Return the potato shells to the baking sheet. Turn the broiler on high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, mustard, garlic paste, and anchovy paste until smooth.
- Brush some of the dressing over the insides of the potato shells. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese and ½ teaspoon bread crumbs.
- Broil the potato skins until the outsides are crisp and the cheese is browned, 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the lettuce to the bowl with the remaining dressing and toss to coat well.
- Transfer the hot potato skins to a serving platter. Divide the lettuce among the potato skins. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.