Caprese Chicken Parmesan
Indulge in this mouthwatering Caprese Chicken Parmesan, a delightful twist on a classic favorite. Savor the perfect blend of juicy chicken, melted mozzarella, and fresh basil, all smothered in a rich marinara sauce.
for 2 servings
- 1 pt cherry tomato (475 g), quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (60 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs (115 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Marketside Antibiotic-Free Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded into 1/2 in thick
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese (225 g), sliced into 1/4in (6 mm)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaf (10 g), torn into bite size pieces
- Calories 1526
- Fat 74g
- Carbs 109g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 97g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the tomato salad: In a medium bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar, and toss to coat.
- Make the caprese chicken: Add the flour to a large plate. Beat the eggs in a large shallow bowl. On a separate large plate, mix together the bread crumbs, ½ teaspoon salt, the pepper, and garlic powder.
- Season the chicken breasts with ½ teaspoon salt each. Dredge in the flour, then dip into the eggs, letting an extra drip off, then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken in the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Fry the chicken, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, or until the bottom is deep golden brown. Flip the chicken and arrange the sliced mozzarella on top. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until the mozzarella is melted.
- Pour the tomato salad on top of the chicken breasts, letting some of the tomatoes slide into the pan around the chicken. Cover again and cook for another 2–3 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165°F (75°C) and the tomatoes are warmed through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and top with the tomatoes. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and garnish with the torn basil.