97% would make again
Caprese Chicken Rollups
featured in 5 Roll-Up Recipes You Can't Resist
Inspired by ibreatheimhungry.com
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (225 g), 1 package
- 1 cup tomato (200 g), diced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 15 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (240 mL)
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- Calories 503
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- In a saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar and honey over high heat. Stir until sauce reduces to ⅓ cup (80 ml). Set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally.
- Cover chicken with a piece of plastic wrap. Using the rough side of a metal mallet, pound the chicken until ½-inch (1 cm) thick. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Drizzle olive oil over pieces of chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella on each piece of chicken. Spoon ¼ cup (50 g) of diced tomatoes on each piece of chicken. Place 3 pieces of basil on each piece of chicken.
- Roll up the chicken, making sure the ingredients are tucked under the breast and not pushed out the sides.
- Place the roll-ups in a greased baking dish. Drizzle each roll-up with more olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160˚F (71˚C).
- Place one slice of mozzarella on each roll-up. Broil for 5 to 10 minutes until the mozzarella has melted over the chicken.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes. Place a basil leaf and slice of tomato on each piece of chicken. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.