Captain Morgan Cherry Vanilla Cola Float
This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
August 14, 2023
for 2 servings
Cherry Vanilla Syrup
- 12 oz frozen cherry (345 g)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (175 g)
- ¼ cup cherry juice (60 g)
- 1 vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped
- 1 oz Captain Morgan Cherry Vanilla Spiced Rum (25 g)
White Chocolate Cornflake Bark
- ½ cup cornflakes (60 g)
- 1 cup white chocolate chip (140 g), melted
- 24 oz dark cola (710 g)
- 3 oz Captain Morgan Cherry Vanilla Spiced Rum (80 mL)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 maraschino cherries
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the cherry vanilla syrup: Add the frozen cherries, maple syrup, cherry juice, and vanilla bean seeds to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 6–7 minutes, or until the cherries are very soft. Using a potato masher or a fork, smash the cherries as much as possible. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 15–20 minutes, until the syrup has reduced and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain the syrup into a small bowl and stir in the Captain Morgan Cherry Vanilla Spiced Rum. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until the syrup is cold, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Make the white chocolate cornflake bark: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cornflakes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Using a spoon, generously drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cornflakes in a single direction, making sure the cereal is almost, but not completely, covered. Freeze the bark until solid, at least 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- Break the bark into playing card-sized pieces and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Make the cola float: Add 1½ ounces of Captain Morgan Cherry Vanilla to each of 2 float glasses. Pour 12 ounces of cola into each glass, then top each with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with half of the cherry vanilla syrup. Garnish each float with a few pieces of cornflake bark and finish with the maraschino cherries. Serve immediately.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.