95% would make again
Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
featured in Cookies Anyone Can Make
June 10, 2019
for 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (230 g), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g), packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pretzel twist (225 g), plus more for topping
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (265 g)
- 1 ½ cups caramel candy (200 g), unwrapped
- Calories 499
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating to incorporate before adding the next.
- Add the flour mixture a bit at a time while beating, until it forms a smooth dough.
- Add the pretzels to a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels until evenly combined.
- Press a caramel flat and place in the middle of a ball of dough, about 2 tablespoons.
- Fold the dough around the caramel, using a bit more to seal if necessary. Place on a well-greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- While still warm, press a single pretzel into the top of each cookie. Serve with a cold glass of milk or on their own!