Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft and chewy cookies are loaded with bits of crunchy pretzel, gooey caramel, and chocolate chips in every bite. Perfect for satisfying your sweet and salty cravings.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (230 g), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g), packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pretzel twist (225 g), plus more for topping
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (265 g)
- 1 ½ cups caramel candy (200 g), unwrapped
- Calories 499
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating to incorporate before adding the next.
- Add the flour mixture a bit at a time while beating, until it forms a smooth dough.
- Add the pretzels to a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels until evenly combined.
- Press a caramel flat and place in the middle of a ball of dough, about 2 tablespoons.
- Fold the dough around the caramel, using a bit more to seal if necessary. Place on a well-greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- While still warm, press a single pretzel into the top of each cookie. Serve with a cold glass of milk or on their own!
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.