Caramelized Onion And Spinach Dip
Upgrade your party app game with this caramelized onion and spinach dip that's both savory and flavorful. The tender spinach and sweet onions create a deliciously addictive dip that's perfect for any occasion.
for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 oz frozen spinach (285 g), 1 box, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g), room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120 g)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pita chip, or toast, or crudités, for serving
- Calories 372
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in the 2.5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rosemary sprigs and fry until fragrant and the leaves are crisp, 1 minute. Using tongs, remove the rosemary and transfer to paper towels to drain. If any leaves are left behind in the oil, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the paper towels as well.
- Return the pan with the oil to medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and caramelized, 20-25 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes to evaporate any excess moisture. Add the cream cheese and cook, stirring, until completely melted and incorporated into the onions and spinach.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Let cool to room temperature or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the stems over a cutting board. Crush with your fingers or finely chop with a knife.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the fried rosemary and serve with pita chips, toasted bread, or crudités.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.