94% would make again
Carrot & Chickpea Veggie Burger
featured in 5 Healthy Street Food Recipes
for 6 burgers
- 15.5 oz chickpeas (440 g), drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ cups oats (150 g)
- ½ cup shredded carrot (55 g)
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), diced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- whole wheat burger bun
- 1 head butter lettuce
- red onion
- mustard, to taste
- Calories 271
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, oats, carrots, red onion, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil. Blend just until combined.
- Add lemon juice and blend again until well-combined.
- Scoop out a handful of the mixture and form into patties.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patty 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Assemble with your favorite burger toppings.