Transform ordinary carrots into beautifully elegant, delicious roses with just a muffin tin. It's the perfect exciting twist on a simple vegetable side dish.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 lb rainbow carrot (455 g), thinly sliced, the long way
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (110 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Calories 192
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine parmesan, parsley and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the thinly sliced carrots, season with salt and pepper and microwave for 1 minute.
- Coat muffin tin lightly with oil.
- Take a slice of carrot and line the muffin tin. Repeat with more carrot slices, adding more spirals to each muffin tin until you don't have room for more.
- Push the parmesan mix between each spiral, this will help the carrots stick together during roasting.
- Roast 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, carefully remove from the muffin tin. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.