Carrot Sesame Shrimp Stir-fry
Get your chopsticks ready for this tasty carrot sesame shrimp stir-fry! Juicy shrimp, crisp carrots, and tender snow peas are stir-fried with aromatic garlic and ginger and tossed with a sweet and savory sesame sauce. It's a dish that's both healthy and delicious.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb large shrimp (455 g), peeled and deveined
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup snow pea (100 g), sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- Calories 217
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the shrimp and season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Fry the shrimp for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Toss in the carrots and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in the snow peas, garlic, and soy sauce and sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss the shrimp back into the pan, sprinkle on the sesame seeds, and mix until everything is well incorporated and the shrimp is fully cooked, about 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 4 bowls and sprinkle with a few more sesame seeds, if desired.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.