80% would make again
Cashew Mac And Peas
featured in Get Plenty Of Protein Without Meat Or Dairy
for 4 servings
- 2 yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup cashews (65 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 16 oz macaroni (455 g), cooked
- 2 cups green pea (300 g)
- paprika, to taste
- Calories 619
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 117g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add potatoes, carrot, and onion to a large pot or Dutch oven of boiling water. Cover and allow the vegetables to cook for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove boiled vegetables from water and reserve 1½ - 2 cups (355 - 470 ml) of the water.
- Add potatoes, carrot, onion, cashews, and seasonings to a blender with half of the reserved water. Blend, adding a few tablespoons of water at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour vegetable puree over the macaroni and stir in green peas before serving.