75% would make again
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
featured in Sweet Vs Savory Skillet Recipes
Homemade pizza is less than 30 minutes away with this easy, customizable recipe! Baking the pizza in a cast iron skillet ensures the crust holds its shape and gets nice and crispy on the bottom. Keep it simple with a sprinkle of cheese, or load up with your favorite toppings!
for 1 serving
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- ½ lb premade pizza dough (250 g)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese, to taste
- bell pepper, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- sausage, cooked and crumbled
- mushroom, sliced
- black olive, sliced
- Calories 588
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into a disc, then stretch into a 10-inch circle.
- Carefully transfer the pizza dough to a 10-inch cast iron skillet, making sure the edges of the pizza dough touch the edges of the pan.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the dough, leaving a ¼-inch border. Top with shredded mozzarella and your toppings of choice.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Carefully transfer the pizza to a cutting board, slice, and serve immediately.