90% would make again
The Best Ever Cauliflower Pizza Crust
featured in Pizza Lovers Only
Maybe you’re on the keto diet or maybe you’re just trying to eat fewer carbs. Regardless, you can and should still be eating pizza, thanks to this cauliflower crust recipe. Start with cauliflower florets and turn them into cauliflower rice. Then, add cheese, spices, and egg, and bake the crust until it’s golden-brown. Add your favorite toppings and call it pizza night.
June 10, 2019
for 2 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Calories 243
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 500˚F (260˚C).
- Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower.
- Transfer pieces to a food processor and rice the cauliflower by pulsing it in the food processor, or by shredding it on a box grater.
- Once riced, transfer to a large bowl and microwave for 4 minutes. Let it cool down for a few minutes before handling!
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to a clean towel and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Place wrung cauliflower in a bowl and combine with mozzarella, oregano, basil, salt, garlic powder, and an egg. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower mixture in the middle. Spread out the mixture and form a circle out of the cauliflower mixture, pushing along the edge to raise a “crust.”
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust has become golden brown in the center and on the edges.
- Top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings, being careful not to overload the pizza.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted.