92% would make again
featured in 5 Low-Carb Breakfasts
June 10, 2019
for 8 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 eggs, divided
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- ½ cup feta cheese (50 g), crumbled
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 8 spears asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach (160 g)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Calories 219
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely crumbled.
- Place in microwave-safe dish and microwave for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Place cooked cauliflower into a towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. Discard liquid.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl with 1 egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Press crust mixture evenly into tart plate, making sure to go up the sides of the plate.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 5 eggs, milk, crumbled feta cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus pieces and cook until slightly tender.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Place asparagus and spinach mixture on the bottom of the cooked cauliflower crust. Pour egg and cheese mixture over the top and sprinkle with green onions.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until quiche is set and slightly golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.