Cauliflower “Meat” Tacos
Get ready to savor these Cauliflower Meat Tacos that'll have you questioning whether they're really meatless! Packed with bold flavors and a satisfying crunch, this dish is perfect for a fun and healthy taco night.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, washed
- 5 oz mushroom (140 g), such as baby bella, cleaned and quartered
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- corn tortilla
- tomato, diced
- avocado, diced
- tomato salsa
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- Calories 47
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the cauliflower in half and break it into small florets.
- Place the florets in a food processor and pulse until they break down to rice-size pieces. Remove from the processor and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the food processor and pulse until broken down to rice-size pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes, until fragrant and the onion is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower, mushrooms, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, soy sauce, salt, and pepper and stir. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the cauliflower and mushroom mixture is tender and the water released from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add the cauliflower “meat” to the tortilla, along with your favorite toppings. Serve with a lime wedge.
- If you have leftovers, the cauliflower “meat” will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for about 2 days.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.