94% would make again
These cauliflower steaks are a hearty vegetarian main dish that's full of flavor and perfect for any meal.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 169
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower stem with a knife.
- Place the cauliflower core-down on a cutting board and trim 2 sides so they become flat.
- Cut the cauliflower in half and then cut each half in two to get 4 “steaks”.
- Rinse and dry the cauliflower steaks.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, onion, and garlic, plus salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on the baking sheet and brush generously with the oil mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, flipping halfway, until tender.
- Serve as desired, such as on a sandwich with pesto and red pepper, or with barbecue sauce and roasted potatoes, or with vegan mushroom gravy and lentils.