Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 16 prawns
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup original flavour instant cereal drink (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- ½ cup butter (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 bird-eye chillis, sliced
- 40 curry leaves
- Calories 329
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Remove the outer shells and legs from prawns, devein, then set aside in a bowl.
- Cover the prawns with beaten egg, flour, and cornstarch, then stir using a set of chopsticks ensuring to coat each prawn.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat, then once it comes up to temperature fry prawns in batches of five for two minutes. Repeat until all prawns are cooked, then set aside.
- In a bowl, add original flavour instant cereal drink, chicken powder, sugar and milk powder, then stir to combine.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter then add chilli and curry leaves, frying until butter starts to bubble.
- Add the prawns to the pan and give a quick stir to coat in butter, then quickly add the dry cereal ingredients and continue to stir until the prawns are fully coated.
- Serve prawns on a plate with all the cereal crumbs.