Champagne Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Raise a glass to this bubbly dessert! Soak fresh strawberries in champagne, dip them in white chocolate, then decorate with edible gold. These make a sweet surprise for someone special, or the perfect addition to a festive gathering.
for 12 servings
- 12 large strawberries
- 2 cups champagne (480 mL)
- 8 oz white chocolate (225 g)
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- gold luster dust, for decorating
- gold sprinkle, for decorating
- 12 miniature culinary pipettes
- Calories 135
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries and champagne. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12–36 hours. The longer the strawberries soak, the more prominent the champagne flavor will be.
- Remove the strawberries from the champagne and dry well with a paper towel. Reserve the champagne.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a small saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Set a medium heatproof bowl over the pot, making sure the water is not touching the bottom, and add the white chocolate. Melt, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in the canola oil until well combined. Transfer the melted chocolate to a mug or measuring cup.
- Hold the top of each strawberry and dip into the melted white chocolate, coating almost completely. Lift out and shake off any excess chocolate, then place on the prepared baking sheet. If the chocolate is still very thin and runny, wait until it cools slightly and coats the strawberry without creating a puddle of chocolate on the pan beneath the strawberry.
- While the chocolate is still melted, decorate each strawberry with gold luster dust and gold sprinkles.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Just before serving, fill 12 mini culinary pipettes with the reserved champagne (or use fresh champagne, if desired). Insert a pipette into each strawberry.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.