60% would make again
Charcoal Ice Cream
featured in 6 Homemade Ice-Cream Recipes To Beat The Heat
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- 2 cups half & half (480 mL)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons mint extract
- 4 tablespoons black food coloring
- ¼ cup activated charcoal (10 g)
- dry ice
- freezer bag
- kitchen towel
- kitchen mallet
- Calories 718
- Fat 74g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large freezer bag, place a piece of dry ice. Close the plastic bag, but leave a one-inch (2 ½ cm) opening to prevent the bag from fill with gas.
- Cover the bag with a kitchen towel and carefully use a kitchen mallet to break the dry ice into a powder.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, half & half, sugar, activate charcoal (avoid consuming more than 100 grams of activated charcoal), 2 tablespoons mint extract, and at least 4 tablespoons black food coloring (more food coloring might be needed depending on concentration).
- Whisk together ice cream mixture until frothy.
- Slowly add a spoonful of dry ice into the mixture and whisk together. Gradually add and mix in dry ice until a solid consistency is achieved.
- Wait for all the dry ice to evaporate before consuming. Do not eat solid dry ice.
- For best results, eat within 24 hours.
- *Consuming activated charcoal can interact with certain medications, check with your doctor before ingesting