92% would make again
Cheddar and Sour Cream Cheese Bites
for 50 balls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- ¼ cup sour cream (60 g)
- ⅛ cup green onion (15 g), finely chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh dill (5 g), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, half a lemon
- 3 eggs
- 9 oz triscuits (270 g), 1 box
- Calories 63
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, or by hand, crush ½ a box of Triscuits. Set aside.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pinch off bite sized balls of filling and roll between your hands (about 1 oz or 28g each).
- Roll the balls in the crushed Triscuit mixture, then coat it in beaten egg, then again in Triscuit mixture.
- Heat a sauce pan of vegetable oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a tray with paper towel to drain the fried bites.
- Fry each bite until Triscuit coating turns a light brown, about 45 seconds.
- NOTE: If they’re fried too long, the cheese filling will escape and you’ll be left with a sad shell of a former cheese bite.
- Garnish with more chopped dill and a squeeze of lemon. Serve immediately.