87% would make again
Cheese & Marmite Pasties
Say hello to these scrumptious Cheese & Marmite Pasties, perfect for a savory snack or a delightful lunchtime treat. With their flaky pastry crust and gooey cheese filling, these pasties are sure to be a hit with Marmite lovers and cheese enthusiasts alike!
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 slices bread
- 2 ¼ cups grated potato (500 g)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (200 g)
- ½ cup spring onion (50 g), chopped
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons marmite
- plain flour, to dust
- 2 cups shortcrust pastry (500 g)
- 2 eggs, for egg wash
- Calories 812
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 69g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Tear up the two slices of bread and blend into soft breadcrumbs.
- Add the breadcrumbs, grated potato, grated cheddar cheese, spring onions, egg and salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix until properly combined.
- Add the marmite and a splash of water to a small bowl and microwave until slightly runny. Set aside.
- Dust the surface with plan flour and roll out 500g (2 cups) of shortcrust pastry into a rectangular shape the thickness of a pound coin.
- Use a 15-16cm (6 in) diameter bowl to cut out circles of the pastry.
- Brush the marmite in a circle in the middle of the circle, leaving a 2-3cm (1 in) border around the edge. Add 2-3 tbsp of the potato filling on top.
- Brush the border with egg wash and fold over into a semi circle shape, making sure it is sealed.
- Crimp the sealed edges so that the filling is extra secure. Brush with more egg wash.
- Re-roll any leftover pastry to make more!
- Bake for around 50 mins at 150°C (300°F) until golden brown.