86% would make again
Cheese Shell Tacos
featured in 7 Unique Recipes For Taco Night
for 4 servings
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (300 g), or cheese of choice, freshly shredded
Beef Taco Filling
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup water (80 mL), if needed
- Calories 841
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 64g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Freshly shred the cheese. Place your cheese in neat piles on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until all the individual shreds melt into one disc. Be careful not to let the cheese color too much.
- Once they are all melted, let them cool for 2 minutes on your baking sheet, then lift them onto paper towels to blot off any excess grease.
- To form the shells, lay them over a propped up utensil. (Or you can use anything in your kitchen, a wide bowl or saucepan could work too!) Set these aside to cool.
- To make the taco filling, brown the ground beef on high heat. Make a well in the center, add in the onion, jalapeños, garlic, and sprinkle in the taco seasoning packet. Stir to combine. Add water if you need it for a nice saucy filling.
- Use a fork to hold your cheese shell in place and fill with the beef mixture, and toppings of your choice.