96% would make again
Cheese-stuffed Taco Meatballs
These mouth-watering meatballs are the perfect combination of juicy beef and spicy taco seasoning. With a gooey center of melted cheese and a crispy outside, they're a flavor explosion in every bite.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- ⅓ cup onion (50 g), minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 egg
- ½ cup tortilla chips (15 g), crushed
- ¼ lb jack cheese (25 g), cut into 12 equal cubes
- vegetable oil
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- Calories 197
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Crush the chips in a plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheese and vegetable oil. Stir until fully incorporated.
- With your hands, grab about a golf ball-sized amount of the ground beef mixture and slightly flatten it in your palm.
- Take 1 cube of cheese, place it in the the middle, and press the beef around it so the cheese is fully covered and in the center of the meatball.
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a cast-iron pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, cook the meatballs. Rotate them throughout cooking to brown all sides and cook through.
- Once meatballs are fully cooked and browned, remove from the pan and top with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro.