87% would make again
Cheeseburger Onion Rings
featured in 8 Onion Ring Recipes
for 6 onion rings
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ lb cheddar cheese (115 g), cut into 1-inch (2 cm) squares
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs (150 g)
- oil, for frying
- Calories 669
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Peel and slice the onion into 1-centimeter (½ inch) rings. Detach the rings from each other.
- Take a spoonful of the beef mixture and press it into the bottom of a ring.
- Push a cheddar square into the center of the beef.
- Seal the top with another spoonful of the beef, pressing it flat.
- Repeat with the rest of the rings.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dip a ring into the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, the bread crumbs, then back to the eggs, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden-brown.
- Drain on a paper towel, then serve with ketchup!