88% would make again
featured in 4 Stuffed Burger Upgrades
Get the best of both worlds with this mashup of two American classics. A juicy beef patty is topped with sautéed onions, peppers, and melty cheese sauce for a burger that's oozing with flavor.
May 05, 2023
for 1 serving
- ¾ lb ground beef (340 g)
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white onion, diced, divided
- 1 slice provolone cheese, quartered
- 1 sesame bun, butter-toasted
- 1 green leaf lettuce
- 1 tablespoon white onion, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, and pepper.
- In a ramekin, spread two-thirds of the beef patty evenly along the bottom and the sides.
- Place half the diced onion and provolone in the well.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the rest of beef patty on top and pat to flatten.
- Place the ramekin on a baking sheet along with a sesame bun, face down.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Assemble the burger with the sesame bun, lettuce, and the rest of the onion.