95% would make again
Cheesy Pretzel Ring Dip
featured in 5 Easy And Delicious Pretzel Appetizers
for 12 servings
- 32 oz pizza dough (910 g)
- 5 cups water (1 ¼ L)
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Calories 357
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut pizza dough into 12 portions. Roll into balls.
- Boil water and add baking soda.
- NOTE: Make sure your pot is narrow enough that the water level covers the dough balls and make sure there’s enough room left in the pot that it won’t boil over when the baking soda is added.
- Place dough balls in the pot, boiling for 20-30 seconds in batches.
- Line a 10” (25 cm) skillet with the dough balls, making a ring along the outside edge.
- Scramble the egg and brush the dough balls with egg wash. Top with salt, to taste.
- Par-bake the dough for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, combine the cream cheese, 1½ cups (150 g) of cheddar, sour cream, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder until smooth.
- Fill the center of the dip ring with the cheese dip. Top the dip and the dough balls with the remaining cheddar.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes (or until the pretzel balls have browned and the dip has fully melted).
- Allow to cool before serving.