Chevti Dal (Mixed Lentils) In The Instant Pot
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 green chillis, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup yellow mung moong dal (80 g)
- ¼ cup urad dal (40 g)
- ¼ cup chana dal (40 g)
- 5 cups water (1.2 L)
- Calories 25
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Set Instant Pot to 'Saute' mode.
- Add avocado oil, garlic, ginger, and green chilis.
- Wash all three dals (lentils) and add to Instant Pot.
- Add water, salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Close the lid on the IP. Press 'Cancel' and then 'Bean/Chili' mode and set timer to 15 minutes.
- Move valve to 'Sealing position'.
- Once done, serve with steamed rice, roti, or naan.