Chickadee Cake Pops
These adorable Chickadee Cake Pops are perfect for any springtime celebration or bird-lover's delight! With a moist cake center and a cute, colorful exterior, these little treats are sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
for 20 pops
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract, divided
- ½ cup vanilla buttercream frosting (55 g), plus more as needed
- 16 oz yellow candy melts (450 g)
- yellow and orange circular sprinkle
- yellow candy
- black cookie icing
- 20 cake pop sticks
- dried white rice
- Calories 281
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Break apart the cake into a large bowl until finely crumbled. Add the buttercream and remaining ½ teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract, and mix until the crumbs hold together when pressed between your hands. Divide the mixture into approximately 20 2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Dip the cake pop sticks in the buttercream, then stick in the center of each ball. Freeze the cake pops for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Decorate the cake pops: Fill a glass to the top with dried rice.
- Add the yellow candy melts to a medium bowl and melt according to the package instructions.
- Working in batches, dip the frozen cake pops in the melted candy, coating completely all the way to where the cake and stick meet. Place the sticks in the glass of dried rice and let the chocolate harden completely, 3–5 minutes.
- Once the candy melts have hardened, dip a toothpick in the melted candy and stick the orange and yellow sprinkles and yellow candies onto the pops to look like beaks, feathers, and feet. Dip another toothpick into the black icing and dollop small eyes onto the cake pops. Let harden for another 3–5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.