Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
This chicken alfredo lasagna takes comfort food to the next level. Layers of tender chicken, al dente lasagna noodles, and creamy alfredo sauce make for a hearty and satisfying dish. Don't forget the cheesy topping for that extra indulgence!
for 6 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream (480 mL)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 1 cup fresh parsley (35 g), chopped
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice each chicken breasts in half lengthwise and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder evenly on both sides of each chicken breast.
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat, then sear the chicken for about 1 minute per side. They will continue to cook through in the oven later on.
- In the residual oil (drain some if necessary), toss in the garlic and onions, stirring constantly until the mixture has started to brown.
- Pour in the cream, stirring until it starts to boil, then add the parmesan and parsley.
- Cook for 1 additional minute, then remove from heat.
- In a 9" x 13" (23cm x 33cm) rectangular baking pan, spread about ¼ of the cream mixture on the bottom.
- Lay enough lasagna noodles to cover the sauce, then spread about ½ of the remaining cream mixture on top.
- Place enough chicken breasts to cover the sauce, then sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, followed by half of the bacon and half of the parsley.
- Repeat the layers once more, starting with noodles, sauce, chicken, bacon, parsley, and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, slice, and serve!
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.