97% would make again
Chicken And Asparagus Pasta
featured in 7 Pasta Recipes For All Pasta Lovers
for 6 servings
- 1 lb penne pasta (455 g)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL), plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb chicken breast (455 g), cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth (120 mL)
- 1 lb aspargus (455 g)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (400 g), or grape tomatoes
- Calories 636
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a pot, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, then set aside.
- In the same pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté 2 garlic cloves.
- Add chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and fully cook. Remove cooked chicken from pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, pour the chicken broth, then add asparagus, salt, pepper, and the remaining garlic and stir. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, penne, remaining olive oil, parmesan, and tomatoes, and stir until fully incorporated and the cheese has melted.
- Serve while hot.