93% would make again
Chicken And Spinach Pull-Apart Bread
featured in Pull-Apart Dishes
Inspired by liveinternet.ru
for 15 servings
- ½ lb rotisserie chicken (225 g)
- 10 oz cream cheese (285 g), softened
- ⅔ cup spinach (25 g), cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (230 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour (500 g)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 2 cups whole milk (480 mL)
- Calories 398
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another large mixing bowl. Cut unsalted butter into small chunks and add to bowl or use a cheese grater to grate butter into smaller pieces.
- Use a fork to incorporate the butter into the flour mixture until it forms a crumbly texture. Add milk and stir the dough until it is thick and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured, flat surface. Pat the dough down to about 1-inch (2 cm) in thickness, fold in half, and pat down once more to 1-inch (2 cm) in thickness. Cover with a towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- While dough rests, combine chicken, cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll out dough out to about ½-centimeter (¼ inch) thickness. Use the lip of a cup to cut out 45 circles.
- Remove chicken spinach dip from the refrigerator and fill each dough circle with 1 tablespoon of dip. Fold each circle in half and press down the edges to seal the dip inside the dough. Fold the left side and right side of each half circle towards each other like a fortune cookie.
- Place the stuffed dough in an 11-inch (28 cm) nonstick or greased tart pan. Make an outer circle and work your way in, creating 4 circles total. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.