Chicken, Bacon Chipotle Balls
These bite-sized appetizers are a flavor explosion in your mouth. Juicy and flavorful chicken meatballs are studded with crispy bacon and spicy chipotle peppers, then baked until golden. Served with your favorite dipping sauce, these balls are the spicy addition to any party spread.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 servings
- bread crumb, for coating
- oil, for frying
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 7 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- ½ cup chipotle sauce (120 mL), to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 203
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven 200ºC (400ºF).
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, both sides.
- Bake the chicken breast for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- With two forks, shred the chicken.
- Add the eggs, flour, rosemary, parsley, bacon, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, mozzarella cheese, chipotle sauce, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Preheat a pot of oil to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Make small balls with the chicken mixture by rolling between your hands. The coat the balls in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the balls until golden brown about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.