Chicken Bacon Ranch Pockets
Bite into these scrumptious Chicken Bacon Ranch Pockets and experience a flavor explosion! This easy-to-make recipe combines tender chicken, crispy bacon, and creamy ranch dressing, all tucked inside a warm, flaky crust for the ultimate comfort food experience.
for 8 pockets
- 1 ⅓ cups warm water (315 mL)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour (435 g)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed olive, plus 1 additional teaspoon
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken breast (185 g)
- 1 cup bacon (225 g), cooked and chopped
- ⅔ cup ranch dressing (160 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (150 g), plus 2 tablespoons for topping)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Calories 524
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, mix the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until the mixture becomes cloudy and slightly foamy.
- Add the flour, salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil to the bowl with the yeast mixture and stir until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes.
- Wipe the large bowl clean and lightly coat with remaining oil. Place the dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a dish towel.
- Set in a warm place for 20 minutes, or until the dough has nearly doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC), and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Once risen, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and stretch the dough into a 12x22-inch (30x56 cm) rectangle.
- Layer the ranch, chicken, bacon, and cheddar in the center of the rectangle, lengthwise, leaving 1-2 inches (2 ½-5 cm) on the top and bottom.
- Slice the dough in half through the center, lengthwise.
- Fold each piece’s center edge towards the outer edge and pat down, creating a long roll-up.
- Slice each roll into 4-5 equal pieces. Pinch the edges closed on all the pieces and place on sheet tray.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then freeze in an airtight container up to 1-2 months.
- To reheat, microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.