Chicken Enchilada-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
These chicken enchilada stuffed zucchini boats are a healthy and delicious weeknight dinner option that's easy to make. Tender chicken is mixed with cheesy enchilada sauce and stuffed into zucchini boats, then baked until bubbly and golden brown.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 1 serving
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup salsa (130 g), mild
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, centers hollowed out
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- ¼ avocado, dinced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ½ cup nonfat greek yogurt (140 g), plain
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Calories 669
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 67g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Cut zucchini in half and hollow out the centers
- Add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, and salt together in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- On a cutting board, season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool. Once cooled, shred the chicken with a fork.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the salsa and stir to combine.
- Stuff chicken mixture in hollowed out zucchini boats, and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and browned, and zucchini is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Top with tomato, avocado, cilantro, and lime crema. Serve with lime wedges.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.